Achieve maximum support and protection by properly applying your Sport Boots:
- Start with the correct boot: the inside of each boot is marked either “left” or “right”.
- Fold back the Velcro: Our velcro is the toughest made. Folding these tabs back and out of the way lets you position the boot without interference.
- Cup the fetlock portion of the boot in your palm and position it on your horse’s fetlock: You will feel it “cup” the fetlock joint when it’s in the proper position.
- Snugly attach the middle Velcro strap.
- Attach the top strap, and then the bottom strap (not the suspensory strap): Pull them snugly to ensure a secure fit. Eliminate any gaps that can collect dirt and debris.
- Pull the suspensory strap tightly underneath the horse’s fetlock and attach to the front of the boot. IMPORTANT: This strap should be pulled tightly, and positioned at a 45 degree angle to the ground to create a protective sling.
- If necessary, you can now re-adjust the upper straps to make sure the boot is gap free and contoured to the cannon bone.
Caring for your Sport Boots
We realize your sport boots are an investment. Extend their life and performance by taking a few simple steps:
- Brush accumulated dirt from the inside and outside of your boots after each use.
- If it’s been a tough workout and your boots are sweaty or grimy, give them a quick spray with the hose. Dried sweat can be corrosive as well as stiffening your boots.
- Store your boots with the insides exposed. This allows thorough drying.
- Give your boots an occasional thorough cleaning by hand washing them in cold water with a mild detergent or shampoo. PLEASE! DO NOT MACHINE WASH! (this can break down the protective padding and damage the Velcro)
- Dry your boots in the SHADE! Though the sun seems tempting, prolonged exposure to sunlight will not only fade your boots, but can damage the materials, reducing their effectiveness.
Boot Sizing Chart
It’s important to determine the best boot size to fit your horse. See below for our recommended sizing chart. Remember that 1/4:” – 1 ½” or less overlap is desirable
|Hands||14-15 Hands||15-16.2 Hands||16.2-17.2 Hands||17.2 Hands and up|
|Height (CM)||142-152||152-165||165-175||175 and up|